We wanted to let you know our club’s latest update. After exploring every avenue over the past year, including contacting every primary and high school on the Gold Coast, trying to partner with every football, soccer and rugby league club on the Gold Coast, trying to sister with every Athletics club in our region (thank you to those clubs who extended their support, we really appreciate it!), including what we thought would work with another club until the eleventh hour, begging our Governing Body to stay at the ONLY available grounds on the Gold Coast, at Runaway Bay Super Centre, and hounding the Gold Coast City Council to help us find a ground to call our own for the past 3 years,…..we have conceded we will not have our own home ground for competition this season.
We love our Helensvale family, and we are a group of positive and motivated parents that do not want to give up on our family!
So, for those who want to stay with us, in the interim, while we keep fighting for a ground to call our own, it will look a little different……
- Your child will be able to move around to all the local Gold Coast Clubs and compete with friends from other clubs as a Helensvale Athlete.
- We will be encouraging personal bests (PBs) at these Club locations with stickers and medals – including a personal GOALS and Achievement Booklet to record your own results.
- Your child can go compete anywhere they would like as a Helensvale athlete and member of Little Athletics Queensland. PBs and results can still be recorded from other venues and shared to us to record later.
We want to reward our loyal members with:
- A discounted membership
- Keeping their uniforms
- A comprehensive training program with our qualified parents and coaches, including club training days/nights
- Beach training
- Hills training and correct running technique
- Agility and strength training
- Private coaching on request for field events
- A personal “Goals and Achievement” booklet to record results
- A large focus will be on encouraging teamwork and supporting all the kids at Little Athletics competitions. These are great to test the competition, meet new friends, support each other and possibly win a medal. They are held every month at various locations. Some of the events are included below as options and this will be updated throughout the season.
- We will help every child enter and achieve their goals at these events. Results will be recorded for presentation night.
|HELENSVALE ATHLETICS CALENDAR|
|Supported Competition Events|
|September 25th||Coles Spring Carnival – Bundaberg|
|October 30th||Coles Summer Carnival – QSAC|
|November 14th||Regional Relays – Runaway Bay|
|December 11th||State Relays – QSAC|
|Feb 4-6th||Regionals – Ashmore|
|Feb 26th||Combined Event – QSAC|
- Our first club training night will include setting out personal goals, agility training, preparation for competition, and games. Our first night will be Friday night 17th September from 4pm. Location TBC
We welcome all returning members, tiny tots and any new members.
Little Athletics is about fitness, family, fun, friendships and sportsmanship!
If this is what you’re about as well, we promise to be inclusive and encourage all kids to BE THEIR BEST!